Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year by 4 days

I see that I am only the 2nd from the bottom of Amanda's list of bloggers so that means it has been WAY too long since I have added anything to my blog.  As I have said before, I really do not like to "write" but I do enjoy the "finished product" and looking back on past posts.

Christmas was busy with family get togethers  and it was lots of fun to be with family.  All the "kids"and grandkids were here for Christmas day to open presents and we all got some nice things.  Mom and Dad Spaulding joined us for brunch and for the rest of the day to play with the gifts and for some Quesadillas later in the day.  The kids all had fun playing with Jamie and Jacob's new Rock Band 2 game.  It was mostly nice just to have everyone together.  

Jacob tries out his new scooter

         Ashlyn got a dolly with a bottle

          The Hilldore "Rockers"

Friday we headed up to Charlevoix for the rest of the week and by Sat. night all the kids were together again, including Allison's sister Jen who spent the week with us too.

We went to the water park at Boyne on Monday,

Ben's surfing!!

Jacob will catch you Ashlyn

Ben, Amanda and Jamie Skied on Tuesday, Travis, Jacob and Jen Snowboarded on Tuesday too.

Jacob and Travis
Amanda, Ben and Jen

Jamie and Jacob

Ben and Amanda

Ben and Travis went back to Boyne for more skiing/snowboarding on Wed.

We all went Snowmobiling on Thurs.


On Friday we all wished we could have a massage because most of us were sore from the bumpy snowmobile trails!!  (But the "girls" did all get pedicures on Wed.)




3 comments:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Looks fun! You can all come in for massages by me...Your toes looked great though. I think you're right, the best thing is just being all together. However, I might have to go to Boyne and try that surfing. I've always wanted to! Rock Band is so much fun. Did you do it?

Amanda said...

Good work getting Ben actually standing up on the surf board :D

Jamie said...

Wow - awesome recap with pics and all. Fun to look at and read. It was all such a great time! Thanks! (Lana... about that massage...) Actually I'm not sore anymore!